General Statement of Duties / Summary of Position
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned as each employee is expected to assist as necessary in the timely delivery of our quality work product.
- Maintain confidentiality of all project information.
- Works under minimum supervision to prepare finished drawings from very complex sketches, notes, layouts, details and verbal instructions.
- Analyzes sketches, notes and other input material to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete the drawings with minimal supervision.
- Utilizes the cell library effectively to maintain a high level of productivity.
- May suggest and/or develop additions or propose changes to the existing CADD library of their discipline.
- May perform as a CADD project coordinator on projects of more than one discipline.
- May train or provide assistance to less experienced technicians to help them resolve difficult operating tasks or drawing production problems.
- Will perform at times in a designer capacity involving their discipline.
- Will check drawings for quality assurance purposes.
- Required to learn company drafting standards.
- Returns markups to Designer after Drafter has 'yellowed' or checked his or her own work.
- Responsible for monitoring quality, accuracy, completeness and schedule of work produced by multiple drafters in addition to self.
- Associates Degree or completed certification requirements for CAD technology. Working knowledge of company CAD/Design standards.
MSA Engineering Consultants is proud to offer our employees numerous superior benefits including:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Sick Time
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Program
- Retirement - Simple IRA Plan
- Life Insurance
- Raider Hours